Monday 26 January 2015

Now That You Are Here: A Tale of Deception and Betrayal (Episode 10)



[Excerpt from Episode 9: Damilola couldn’t believe her ears and she looked at him in speechless wonder. Taking her stunned look as a sign of encouragement, he moved closer to her and kissed her softly on the lips. Offering no resistance she kissed him back and his hand loosened the towel she had earlier wrapped around herself as they both fell back on the bed.] To read episode 9: CLICK HERE


Gbade was true to his word, he was the perfect boyfriend once again and Damilola was once again transported to cloud nine. Anu took every opportunity to make her disapproval of the relationship known and declared dating Muyiwa would have been a much better option. Muyiwa on the other hand after his first meeting with Gbade had stayed away and it was while in bed one night she realized they had drifted apart.

Damilola felt a twinge of sadness hit her as she realized she had lost Muyiwa to have Gbade back. He barely talked to her these days and always had the excuse of work for not calling her or coming around. Damilola turned and stared at Gbade’s sleeping figure beside her, he had said something about getting married vaguely but she had acted like she didn’t hear. If he wanted to marry her then he had to propose normally in the traditional manner of going on his knees. Her heart went back to Muyiwa and she decided she was going to make sure she saw him the next day.
The following day, Damilola placed a call to Muyiwa who had the same cool tone he had developed since her decision to get back with Gbade. Ignoring his cold tone, she tried to joke with him in their usual banter but he refused to let up and with that she finally blurted out “Look, what is wrong with you Muyiwa. You have been so cold and mean to me lately, you barely call or even want to see me. If anything is the matter why not let us thrash it out like adults instead of treating me like a leper.” 

His tone held a hint of mockery in it as he replied “I have just been busy Damilola and it is very apparent that you have been busy as well. What, with Gbade around you all the time, I didn’t think you have time for anything or anybody else.” Damilola sighed and rolled her eyes in frustration “I am not going to argue this with you young man. See me today by six p.m. at my apartment.” He hesitated for a second before he replied “Alright.”

She didn’t know what she was thinking asking him to come over but she knew she was anticipating his visit. She missed that man she could laugh and joke around with, Muyiwa had a way of making her feel totally at ease and alive again and she really missed that. Gbade’s arrival had sort of made her neglect him but who could blame her? He had his precious Halima and she on the other hand was going to always be the side chick, at least with Gbade she was the main chick albeit he may be cheating again when he returned to the States.

Gbade had also revealed that upon his return to the States, he wasn’t planning on coming back for a very long time. He wanted her to come join him but she wasn’t so sure about that. The life she knew was here in Nigeria and making such a big change like relocating was a major step for her. The doorbell rang just then and she started out of her thoughts; without even realizing it a smile appeared on her face as she made a mental note of Muyiwa’s usual punctuality.

“What will you have me do Damilola? Stay around with your boyfriend around and probably wondering who the fuck I am? Your going back to him isn’t the wisest thing you have done believe me.” Muyiwa’s voice was raised in a manner that clearly showed his frustration. He stood with his eyes on fire as he glowered at Damilola who was sitting on a couch and staring up at his standing figure. She had brought up the subject of his aloofness and cold behavior.

“You also have a girlfriend and I haven’t been acting up because of that. All I am saying is I want the old you back. The guy that makes me smile and makes me feel special, is that too much to ask? Or is that man gone?” His face softened a bit as he saw the genuine anguish on her face and he realized he had allowed his jealousy get the best of him. He banged his fist into his palm frustrated and stooped low to meet Damilola at eye level. He stared at her for a minute before he took her by the shoulder and shook her gently. “Don’t you get it Dammy? I am jealous and it’s killing me. I shouldn’t feel this way about you but I do and we both know I have no right to be jealous. Keeping my distance is the best way I knew to keep my sanity, I can’t stand the sight of you two together but you deserve to be happy and since he makes you happy I can’t stand in the way of that.” Damilola’s eyes misted over as she felt a glow go through her, Muyiwa had never openly admitted his feelings for her before. Yes she knew he had feelings but they had always avoided talking about it. He continued “I have Halima and God knows I love her and don’t ever want to hurt her so acting the way I have been is good for everybody at the end of the day. I can’t be with you without thinking of wanting to kiss you, strip you off your clothes, hug you close to me or cuddle you. You deserve better than Gbade or me, we shouldn’t keep treating you this way...”

Damilola drew him close to her and kissed him on the lips, shutting off the rest of his words. He groaned deep in his throat as he drew her roughly to him and raped her mouth. They panted like starved animals as they tore at each other’s clothes. He took off her blouse and flung it away from him blindly as he pushed her back against the couch and lifted up her skirt. She was wearing no pants and his head went under her skirt. They were both on the roller coaster of pleasure when Gbade’s voice broke through the cloud of passion “Damilola…” his voice sounded like it came from a thousand miles away but it was enough cold water to dampen the hot fire. The two sprung apart as they faced Gbade standing there, a briefcase in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other.


To be continued         

 Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. You can also join other readers by subscribing to my BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner"

2 comments:

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.