Monday 6 April 2015

Episode 13: Now That You Are Here; A Tale of Deception and Betrayal


[Excerpt from Episode 12: He stared at her with a rueful smile on his face before he said “I am getting married Dammy.” Her heart stopped in her chest and she suddenly felt hurt, the pearls suddenly felt like they were burning her skin and she took another look at his face. He was serious, there was no doubt to that and with a gasp she turned and fled the room.] To read Episdoe 12 CLICK HERE

Muyiwa caught her by the arm just as she was about to grab the door and jerked her back. She fell into him and he staggered a bit. His hold loosened and she tried to make another run for it but he was quicker than her and had her by the arm again. He turned her around to face him and she pounded at his chest angrily.

“Let me go damn it!” she said, pummeling his chest with her hands as the tears flowed from her eyes.


“Just calm down and listen to me Damilola. I didn’t mean to hurt you with the news like that but I have no choice. Halima is pregnant.” Damilola raised her tear streaked face up to him as she heard the news of Halima’s pregnancy.

“Let go of me Muyiwa, please.” She whispered in a hoarse whisper. He looked like he was going to protest but then a resigned look came over his face and he released her reluctantly. 

She dropped to the floor listlessly and wiped away her tears as she tried to steady herself.
“When is the wedding? I should have seen today coming,” she smiled ruefully and continued 
“It’s not like there was a future for us anyway. What was I really thinking? That you were going to leave Halima to be with me? Lord bless that sweet angel’s soul, I don’t think even I could have done that to her. Isn’t it funny that I complained bitterly and felt like my whole was crashing around me just because another bitch had my man and now here I am crying over another woman’s man…” her voice trailed off.

Muyiwa dropped to the floor with and drew her close to him, seeing that she offered no resistance; he took her head in his laps and stroked her hair gently. She needed to get everything out of her system so he let her talk. They sat down like that for about two hours before he noticed her words starting to falter and she soon lost the battle and drifted off into sleep. He carried her into her bedroom and laid her gently on the bed as he brushed his lips gently over her before heading out of the house.

Damilola woke up slowly the next morning to find herself in bed fully clothed. She remained that way for about ten minutes trying to get her thoughts together as the events of last night flooded her memory. She felt weak and empty as she finally dragged herself out of bed to begin to prepare for the day. I have to move on with my life and try not to think of Muyiwa she thought to herself. Having been through the heartbreak with Gbade, this should be small compared to what have gone through already. She quickly got herself ready and headed for Anu’s house. She knew Anu was going to probably give her the “I told you this was bad for you” attitude but she didn’t care. Anu was the only person she could talk to and perhaps Anu’s chiding would help her make better decisions next time.   

“He is what?” Anu’s face clearly expressed her incredulity and her voice sounded very shocked. “Men are such pigs, so after deciding that he is done with you, he is deciding to wife Halima. Just look at yourself Damilola, a beautiful thing like you settled for side chick position when a lot of men out there would be glad to have you. Now he is dumping you for his wife material.” Anu hissed disgustedly and stopped her agitated pacing to plop into a chair angrily.

“Muyiwa is not like that,” her voice was weak as she tried to defend Muyiwa “Halima is pregnant hence the reason why they have to get married. Muyiwa loves me…”

“Loves you?” Anu cut in angrily as she jumped to her feet again. “Love my foot darling. That guy is just some sick bastard playing games with you while enjoying some free pussy by the side. He doesn’t love either of you, not you or Halima!. I don’t believe in all this complicated love triangle babes. Wake up and see him for what he really is, another player that likes to eat his cake and have it. Halima is such a sweet girl she shouldn’t be marrying that animal.”

“But Anu, you barely even spend time with Muyiwa. He is sweet and caring and really he just can’t help himself.”

“Just listen to yourself, ’he is sweet and caring and really just can’t help himself’.” Anu mimicked in a mocking tone. “How long are you going to keep playing the broken hearted girl? Where the hell is the Dammy I know? That no nonsense girl, what potion has he given you to make you so soft? When did you grow into this lovey mushy, sentimental idiot?”

“There is no potion Anu.”

“This madness has gone on for too long, I would be a very bad friend if I let this nonsense go on. It is time I do something about it. I have watched you make a fool of yourself just because I felt you knew what you were doing but it’s apparent you don’t. Halima and I need to have a talk. She must not marry that pig, pregnancy or no pregnancy.”

“Don’t do anything stupid Anu. Let it be!”


“Let’s see you try and stop me Damilola. I am doing this not just for you but for the good of all involved.”



Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. You can also join other readers by subscribing to Akin's Corner  BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

8 comments:

  1. Nice one, I love the intrigued and suspense... Please do consider having an RSS reader / email subscription of some sort, I'd like to get an alert everytime there's a new post. Thanks, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should consider script writing with all these suspense you have been able to weave into one story. This has been a thrilling read from episode 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poshkid please stop with the suspense, i want to know what finally happens to Damilola and Muyiwa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will soon, its rounding up sooner than u think

      Delete
  4. you are a beautiful writer, more ink to your pen sir

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.