Friday 23 January 2015

Now That You Are Here: A Tale of Deception and Betrayal (Episode 9)



[Excerpt From Episode 8: The alarms went off in her head as she heard him say “I would be coming to Nigeria to see you Dammy. I miss you and I know I have been a jerk but I want to make things right with you. When I think of love, you are all I can think of is you. I love you Dammy and I can’t stop loving you.”] To read Episode 8: CLICK HERE

Damilola wringed her hands together nervously as she and Anu waited for Gbade’s flight to arrive. It was like the last time all over again but this time she wasn’t nervous in an excited sort of way. Truth was she didn’t know exactly how she felt, who would have believed that the thought of Gbade would throw her into such a state of confusion.
Muyiwa had been oddly silent and aloof since she told him of Gbade’s call. He had shrugged nonchalantly and said it was her choice to go back to him. She had sensed the hurt in his voice but didn’t want to push it. He after all had a girlfriend and there wasn’t much of a future for her with him. Not especially with herself and Halima suddenly becoming good friends.  

She was jerked out of her thoughts as a voice announced over the speaker the arrival of Gbade’s plane. She stared imploringly at Anu as if her face held succor but Anu only stared at her with a cool look on her face. They had had a huge fight about this, Anu wasn’t in support of her seeing Gbade after all that had happened but she wasn’t going to push it. Dammit! They all just didn’t understand how her heart still thumped for him and how just the sound of his voice made her heart melt. A smile played on her lips as past memories flashed through her mind as Anu barely managed to hide her disdain as she watched her best friend.

Later that night as she and Gbade were getting ready for bed, she wondered where he was going to sleep. Was he going to make for the guest room or join her in her own bed? They had not been able to talk much with Anu’s present and Gbade in his usual self conscious manner had been unable to relax. As if sensing her presence was hindering something important, Anu had chosen to follow them home and only left when her husband called her on the phone.

“Can we talk Tangy?” Damilola’s head jerked backwards as she turned to face Gbade standing by the entrance of the bathroom. Her face heated up as she realized she was standing fully naked in front of him and she saw his eyes rove over her body approvingly. “You scared me Gbade,” she said self consciously as she made for her towel and tied it around her chest self consciously. His eyes followed her every movement and the bathroom suddenly seemed hot. She pushed past him and went into the bedroom with him trailing behind her like a besotted puppy. She sat on the edge of the bed and plucked idly on her nightgown that she had laid on the bed for the night. She cocked her eyebrow to indicate he could talk and he shifted his weight from one foot to the other nervously.

“I know I have wronged you Damilola, I messed up big time. While I am not trying to blame you, we both had our faults and I should have handled things better. Getting involved with Mirabel was one of the stupidest mistakes I have made in my life as it cost me a gem like you to walk out of my life. Your getting pregnant for another man was the final straw that broke our already strained relationship but the good Lord in the high heavens know I still love you. I want you to give me a second chance to make things right, I know you still love me and together we can do forever. I love you my Tangy baby.”

Damilola couldn’t believe her ears and she looked at him in speechless wonder. Taking her stunned look as a sign of encouragement, he moved closer to her and kissed her softly on the lips. Offering no resistance she kissed him back and his hand loosened the towel she had earlier wrapped around herself as they both fell back on the bed.

To be Continued

Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. You can also join other readers in subscribing to my BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.