Thursday 30 April 2015

Episode 16: Now That You Are Here; A Tale of Deception and Betrayal


[Excerpt from Episode 15: Get out now! I don’t want to see you Muyiwa, get the hell out of my house.” She screamed and Muyiwa tried to protest but Anu pleaded with her eyes for him to leave. Taking an exasperated breath, Muyiwa walked out of house. His world was crumbling around him and it was all because of one person, Damilola.]  To read episode 15, CLICK HERE

His heart was beating fast in his chest as he ran out of the house.  What have I done? He thought to himself as he yanked the door of his car open and got in hurriedly. He turned the key in the ignition and sat down there for a moment as what had just happened played in his mind. He had left Halima’s house with rage and hate in his blood. He hated Damilola for all that she represented.
 So she had sent her best friend to do the dirty job for her, he thought wryly to himself. She was just a manipulative, self centered bitch that cared for nothing but herself. That much was apparent now and he was going to end that this night. I regret letting myself get into such a mess as this he thought with a bitter shake of his head as his hands gripped the steering wheel tightly till his knuckles ached.

Like a mad man intoxicated on some cheap gutter alcohol, he had driven back to her house with nothing but red in front of him. He knew his driving must have been like that of a man being chased by the hounds of hell. How he managed to drive without getting involved in an accident was beyond him but he had somehow managed to get there. He pounded her door with the craze of a man ready to pull it off its hinges if no one answered the door. Her voice came from the other side with obvious annoyance in it.

“Who wants to break my door, can’t people learn manners?”

“Open this damn door Damilola,” he bellowed as he rapped on the door even more fiercely. Damilola frowned as she recognized Muyiwa’s voice and with a puzzled expression on her face, she unlatched the door and fell backwards as he rushed into the room and seized her.

“You insufferable spoilt bitch!” Muyiwa said between clenched teeth as he grabbed Damilola and shook her like a leaf. Her eyes widened in surprise and then fear as she saw the dark emotions playing on his face and she tried to free herself from his grasp.

“What is going on Muyiwa? Let go of me, you are hurting me.” He laughed in a derisive manner before he smacked her hard across the face. Her cheek smarted from the slap and her eyes rolled in their sockets in shocked disbelief and she quickly closed her eyes as his palm descended yet again. Following the second slap, he flung her away from him like she had no weight than that of a paper and she landed on the ground with a thud.

“This is what is going on you common slut, you are going to stay the hell out of my life. I don’t want to have anything to do with you or your circle anymore. Your messenger has delivered your message to Halima and I hope you are happy now, she won’t have me anymore.” Damilola rubbed her hurting cheek as she looked at him with a dazed expression on her face.

“What have come over you Muyiwa, what messenger are you talking about? Has the devil possessed you?” He laughed mirthlessly as he looked at her curled up on the ground. For a minute he felt his heart soften but he quickly reminded himself of the evil she was capable of and his heart hardened again.

“Don’t act like you don’t know what this is about. Or you would tell me that you were not the one that sent Anu to Halima. Well I am happy that Halima knows now. I am going to spend my last drop of blood to make sure she forgives me but look at you; you have lost a good friend in me. Now that I am here, what does it do for you? I can’t even bear to look at you because when I see you, all I see is a disgusting being.” Damilola began to cry softly and then she had said

“I only wanted your love Muyiwa but if you say it’s over then I might as well accept my loss. I swear to you that I didn’t send Anu to Halima, I only have the sex tape that I threatened you with earlier, I had no idea of Anu’s intentions.” She looked at him with tears brimming in her eyes as she stood up from the ground where he had thrown her and continued “I would get you the remaining copies of the tapes now so you can destroy them. Consider them my goodbye gift to you.” With that she walked into her bedroom and emerged about five minutes later with a small blue bag. There was a jut to her chin and a determination in her eyes like that of a person who knew they were defeated but wanted to retain as much of their dignity as they could.

That was when it happened, she had handed him the bag and just as she handed him the bag, he had seen the glint of a knife as her arm flew into the air and the knife came crashing down aimed for his chest. He had deflected the blow with his hand and his body cried out in pain as the knife slashed him. He lunged at her and they had both stumbled backwards as they wrestled for the knife. He had managed to pry it out of her grasp and then kicked her backwards as she fought like a deranged beast of the field. The kick had been the fatal blow, she reeled back and hit her head against the wall. The sickening thud of skull on concrete wall would forever ring his ears as he watched in horror as she slumped to the ground. He rushed to her but there was nothing even he as a medical doctor could do to save her, she was gone.   


That was when he had run out of the house in fear and sitting in the car now, he cried as he realized how he had ruined his own life. He wasn’t just a cheat anymore, he was now a murderer. He knew it was going to be only a matter of time before the police would find him even if he ran and he was too weak to run. He couldn’t face the world, he couldn’t face the condemnation and with that he got out of the car and headed back towards the house. There was only one thing for him to do and he was going to do it.


N:B The next episode is the concluding episode of Now That You Are Here

Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. If you care to write for us or advertise with us, check the "Write for Us" or "Advertise With Us" pages under categories menu. You can also join other readers by subscribing to Akin's Corner BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.