Sunday 23 March 2014

Sonnet: I Made A Friend Today


I made a friend today
Sweet, kind and soft like my mummy
We drank of rum a drum but a glass of whiskey
A picture of perfection; my very own genie
She smelt of roses and a scent of lavender

My heart skipped when I first saw her
Voice like a breath of spring
An angel, albeit without wings
Blooming with laughter, rippling like a flowing river
A sharp contrast to my own booming thunder
I made a friend today
I hope we never part ways
With you I want to be forever
I made a friend today, I cried a river


Mood: Happy and Elated



Poshkid Gidigenius is a National Diploma holder in Mass Communication from Yaba College of Technology and currently pursuing another degree at the University of Lagos. A creative eccentric on the verge of genius insanity, you can follow on Twitter or Instagram @gidigenius

1 comment:

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.