Wednesday 12 August 2015

Happy Birthday To Me + Special Annoucement

It’s my birthday today and I am super excited not just because it is my birthday and it marks the beginning of a new year for me, but because this past year has been a series of good tidings. Sure, there have been the down moments but then again how can we appreciate happiness when we have not known sadness?


Receiving calls, getting text messages, seeing photos, well wishes from friends, acquaintances, business folks and clients is really something that will move anybody as you realize that different people from different walks of life are celebrating you. It is even all the more special when some caliber of people that you don’t think would even know of your existence actually remember it’s your special day and take out time to wish you a happy birthday.

I can go on and on about how this last year has marked tremendous growth for me not only in paycheck but as an individual. I have come to learn a lot about myself, my own strength and the limitations I have allowed my mind set for me. Yes I say my mind because in reality there are no limitations other than that which we have set for ourselves. Adding another year in happiness and goodness of mind has been made possible only by God and the great people that he has deemed fit to bless me with and for that I can only be eternally grateful.

Readers of the blog would have noticed by now that I haven’t posted anything in some weeks and I cannot express how deeply sorry I am for the unannounced break especially the disruption in the ongoing series “Hell Is A Place Called Home”. I have gotten emails from some of the blog lovers and I am using this special time to tell you all that it is in a bid to serve you better.

Akin’s Corner is making a move to expand as I have decided to start up a new literary website for all you literary lovers with the help of some very talented young individuals who will be entertaining you through the power of the pen and imagination. Works are currently ongoing for this site and announcements will be made when it is ready to kick off.
Once again I thank everybody that has made my life a special one, a special thank you to my mentor. Mr.Segun Sobulo who has been a friend, confidant and mentor in everything I do and without whom there would probably be no blog today in the first place. A special thanks to my rare gems called friends who are more like my brothers and sister;  Boladapo Abdul, Chinedu Udensi, Olowomoran Feyisara and Anuoluwapo Oluwasegun. To everybody that has brought a smile to my face at one point or the other, I cannot express my gratitude to you for happiness is but a flitting episode in life’s drama of tragedy and I truly cherish the happy moments.


I wish everybody long life, good health and all that they desire. Thank you and God bless. 




Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. If you care to write for us or advertise with us, check the "Write for Us" or "Advertise With Us" pages under categories menu. You can also join other readers by subscribing to Akin's Corner BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.