Tuesday 24 September 2013

Poem: Half of Me



Half of Me

Walking down the roads with grace
None of them knows of the inside pain
The tribulations that I secretly face
They don’t see my tears mixing with the rain


Living in the height of my fame
Hiding behind the mask of my shame
None of them knows that they see
Nothing but the half of me

The few times that I made open my emotions
They laughed and thought am crazy with my decisions
Learning to hide my emptiness
Nothing to this life of nothingness

Never again going to wash my dirty linens
Never once again in the eye of the public
None understands this weakness
They all just want to rock and frolic

Would you calm down and listen to my story?
For a second just forget the seeming glory
For a minute get to know the real me
You know only the half of me

Before it’s too late someone find me to save
Look past my being just another rave
Take my hand and lead me across the threshold
My life to you will gradually unfold

Mood: Soul Searching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.