Friday 28 February 2014

Letter to Boko Haram


Hi Boko Haram

Please do permit me to write my letter on an informal note because I am not too educated and the emotion raging in me might also be affecting my vocabulary. Moreover the formalities employed by those in authority hasn't helped the situation much. The senseless and brutal killings, destruction of properties and valuables, constant disturbance of peace and order in society and menacing presence instilling fear into members of the society. Haba! How can you possibly think you are fighting for rights and kill innocent people? That does not make any sense to me, the death of that pregnant woman in your bomb attack, those innocent students murdered, that little child left orphaned, that family left bereaved and homeless, does it make sense to you? Is it worth the promise of seven virgins in Paradise?


Yes that is what I have been told, seven virgins. You are made to believe you are dying for Allah who as a reward for you reserves seven virgins for you in paradise. You murder people inclusive of women, is it not these same women you expect to see in paradise? You can't make them to go through hell and expect them to be of good 'service' to you. I bet she will gladly chew your tool off if given half the chance. Having made friends with some Moslem, I have come to the knowledge that Islam is a peace loving religion and in no way supports your brutality and barbaric thirst for blood. While I know its easy to turn religion around to turn people to do crazy things, your brain washing leaves the country in sorrow and mourning.

You claim you don't want western education? Let me ask you, why then are your sponsors educated? Why are their children and members of their families literate members of the society? Ever paused to consider why they don't send members of their family to do the suicide bombings or attacks? I get it, the sponsors are the desk agents while you are the field agents? But unlike the movies, the field agents don't always survive and since this is even mostly suicide cases, we need not talk of survival.

Can you be kind enough to leave the innocent people alone and do something more commendable. If you are so benevolent and patriotic enough to want to purge our nation of its filth, you can always help out by getting rid of the perpetrators of corruption in government. Millions of Nigerians will applaud you then and many a girls will give you a hero's treatment. You only display weakness when you attack people who cannot fight back.

At this point I have to rest my pen and I will be anticipating your reply. Be sure not to reply with an attack or another bombing, the pen is mightier than the sword you know. I am just another citizen suffering like you, if you doubt my pain consider my forced six month holiday due to the federal government and ASUU's inability to come to an agreement. I didn't get it in my head to murder or bomb my colleagues in private institutions. I do hope to see a change in your mindless behaviour.

Yours faithfully,
A Concerned Naija Youth


Poshkid Gidigenius is a National Diploma holder in Mass Communication from Yaba College of Technology and currently majors in English at the University of Lagos. A creative eccentric on the verge of genius insanity, you can follow on Twitter and Instagram @gidigenius

4 comments:

  1. I don't think they understand English. They are against Western education, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice I just wish they will reason with you poshkid

    ReplyDelete
  3. these people are really destroying d country, we need help

    ReplyDelete
  4. only d Lord can deliver us

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.