Sunday 23 February 2014

My Suicidal Grief


I closed in on them swiftly
Just as the pall bearers dropped the casket
I watched in silence as their tears dropped softly
Tears of futility, hopeless like water filling a basket


I watched from my close distance yet a million miles away
Father's cry was for his sun darkened never to beam any ray
Mother's wail rent the air like a widow's cry
If only they knew how long I suffered, I did try

Best friend was there, silent as have ever seen him
Motionless he acted like a torch beaming a light so dim
His thoughts were scattered all over the place
Confused about why I had decided to end my race

Lover mine, distraught and pained with grief
My heart longs for you but I couldn't help this mischief
In time your grief will fade and this sorrow you will know no more
Just remember the reasons you loved me before

The mourners are silent as the pastor does his job
Talking about the jem death has of them robbed
A painful memory of that motionless body in the tub
If only I had known they would be this disturbed

The pretenders were around of course
Snickering they sniffed their fake tears
Angered I silently took to curses
If the dead speak, maybe I could have brought to them chilling fears

I wish I could make them see
The reason I chose that path to follow
But all I have in my soul is this bitterness
They shed the tears but for what I do not know

Into the ground the casket goes
Accompanied by petals of roses
Too late to reply their final goodbyes
The angels take me back and all fades from my eyes

Mood: Rolling in the deep


Poshkid Gidigenius is a National Diploma holder in Mass Communication from Yaba College of Technology and currently majors in English at the University of Lagos. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram @gidigenius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.