Friday 24 January 2014

Loosing Out




Loosing out
Against the clap of the raging rain
My heart cries out in a soulful pain
The last of the footsteps receded
Washed away forever like one deceased
While I stand, the mourner with the tears
Bare and alone with my fears


Gone my beam of light
Futile was my fight
Despite that our love felt right
You stole away like a thief in the night
Miles crept in and we became poles apart
No applause however for the final act

Just if you ever wonder
Hear my cry above the noise of the rumbling thunder
I feel alone and empty, my pleas ring out
My heart will stop because once again it lost out
Turning and turning but nowhere to turn
A race against time a hopeless run

Will you be back?
Perhaps forever gone into the dark?
No backwards glance, losing out
Gone are the coy smiles and virgin pout
Neither beam nor ray from the sun
Burnt out after the meaningless run


 Mood: Sad and Desolate


Poshkid Gidigenius is a National Diploma holder in Mass Communication from Yaba College of Technology. He currently majors in English at the University of Lagos. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram @gidigenius            


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.