Tuesday 14 July 2015

I Lost


Darkness cloak me like a perfect glove
In secret only can I allow this burning love
To consume me in morbid fantasies
I stare and long, sadly I cannot express
This yearning tale in my heart
Few feet away we stand but ten thousand miles hearts apart


Shroud me Mother Night
Save me from this fight
A fight I did not choose
Play along with them father said
But how I can live a life of ruse?
In a distant tomorrow we shall perhaps someday wed?
When my beloved and I need no longer live in fear
I long for that glorious day when I shall freely hold my dear


Don’t be a fool mama whispered in my ear
It’s the way it has always been I heard her say
This future you want is one so unclear
Can we not have it another way?
I asked. Mama’s horror was frightening
She crossed herself with the speed of lightening  
Fall on your knees and pray to the gods for mercy
Let them not strike you down in wrath for this heresy
Papa, tell mama that a time for change has come
Papa frowned. I waited for the angry bellow
I wasn’t wrong; it was a hailstorm
He diagnosed me a stupid young fellow

She broke my heart when
She left with no goodbye
I was lost
Like a chick without a mother hen
I have stored up all my tears in one eye
That I might continue to search for her with the other
When I find her again, then will I let loose a teary river


My love left me a lone soldier
If I can’t have her then will I remain a loner
My poor man’s heart longed for my princess
I believed in my heart she only went for recess
Alas! She had succumbed to pressure
My love was nothing to her
She had valued herself on the weight of riches’ measure

I lost


Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. If you care to write for us or advertise with us, check the "Write for Us" or "Advertise With Us" pages under categories menu. You can also join other readers by subscribing to Akin's Corner BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

2 comments:

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.