Tuesday 3 March 2015

Life


A lecturer once said; as soon as a child is born, the child is living or growing towards her death. And I began to ask myself, is this all what life is about? Does it mean from a starting point of a thing, we looking forward to the finish line? But ironically it is very true that as soon as something new starts, we are moving towards the end of it. So I realized that as soon as;

A man gets a new job, he's moving towards the sack or retirement
As soon as a young boy and girl starts a relationship, they are moving towards the break up.
I realized that as soon as one gets a new cloth the person is moving towards the time whereby the cloth gets worn-out or undersized
I observed that as soon as I go to bed, I'm moving towards waking the next day.
When I use public toilets with filths and squalor, I'm in a hurry to storm out the place.
I noticed that when a thief operates for years without being caught, he's moving towards his day of judgment, as the saying goes; everyday for the thief one day for the owner.
I realized that even the football teams have their best moments (Brazil 2002) and worst (Brazil 2014) where they were humiliated by Germany.
I noticed that as soon as I started reading from Genesis and in some way I ended in revelations of John.
Chinua Achebe's Okonkwo's birth to his death in the evil forest.
Even the calendar says January to December:
Numeric will say 0 to 9
The week will disagree and say it's Monday to Sunday.
In my deep observations, every beginning as an end,.and every end as a beginning.
Even life itself will end in death.
And that is why have started this write up and I'm ending it here.


Written By
David Olajire.
A major in English Language, Ojo David Olajire is a young writer with a flair for creativity through writing and the spoken word.


Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. You can also JOIN other readers in subscribing to my BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.