Saturday 14 February 2015

Happy Birthday Taiwo and Kehinde + Valentine Wishes to Readers


It is still surprising to realize that its already a year since I received that phone call to inform me of the birth of these two amazing little children. I remember quite clearly I was with bae (now ex) and I had this really stunned look on my face when I was told the twins had arrived. I was ecstatic with joy and out of habit I recall whooping for joy in public.


The supermarket attendant that was trying to help us select a wine for the special dinner we had planned for valentine gave her congratulations when she heard the news as well and she went ahead to give us a special discount. I really don’t know what to write and coming from a writer I guess that means a lot. Its been a year of watching you grow from little babies to toddlers, seeing your happy faces when you smile and your incessant noise when you cry. Little Kenny isn’t the same tiny thing that Taiwo was fatter than, now he is the one that gets to be called ‘orobo.’

As you were the best valentine gift of last year and for the rest of our lives, my wishes for you are to grow in strength, wisdom, good looks and all the good things that life has to offer a human being. You innocence has reminded me several times of what it is to be a kid without worries in the world and that has been an uplift during many trying times. Can I forget so quickly the day Taiwo woke up and I was the first person he laid eyes on? How he wiped his chubby face with his little hands and called me ‘dada’ in baby language or Kenny’s little child protest every time I leave the house?


From me to you, I am wishing you a happy birthday with all the love that my heart has to share and wishing all Akin’s Corner Readers (ACR) a happy valentine. Show someone some love today and do ensure you bring a smile to your loved one’s faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.