Wednesday 3 December 2014

Weep Not Mama


Oh my dear Mama
Weep not again for our daily food
The Lord shall provide us manna
My heart sorrows when you so brood
I beg of thee please dry your tears
Your burdens will I gladly bear
Weep not Mama


Cruel blows I know life has dealt you
I will hug you tight, stand by your side
Recall happiness foregone, the days when papa thee wooed
You hero, let love be your guide
You bore the pangs of pain from childbirth
Time now to sit back, reap the harvest
Weep not Mama

That frown of worry mars your beautiful face
Let your lips curve in a smile
Swiftly I run life’s race
The journey is almost complete, just another mile
For then shall I be a man grown
Success will beg to be my own
Weep not Mama

The times may be hard
As we struggle against this tide
Your suffering will come to an end
Only you will I nurture and tend
I see a ray of sunlight
Surely we shall win this fight

Weep not again Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.