Wednesday 25 September 2013

Poem: What Shall Be


What Shall Be

In darkness I have been swirling round and round
Till your sun smiled upon me but with loving cruelty
Nothing is the same, loving changed my world around
Never can I forget this feeling of novelty


Foolish and besotted, I thought this one was mine
Little did I know with the devil I dine
Creeped away at night, so much left amiss
Said you cared but left with no final kiss

Goodbye to you and to loving
I return to my homeland to continue my mourning
Of the things that could have been
How your love was cruel and mean

Heart aggrieved and silent crying
I need to leave, when is the day of dying?
As I sink further into this abyss if hopelessness
All glory and hope lost in a minute of senselessness

Goodbye to loving
Done trying
Nothing now but a failed man frail
Let my cry join with the widow’s wail

I feel a funeral in my brain
Or is it death’s moving train?
Coming swiftly to take me
What shall be shall be

Mood: Heartbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.