Monday 9 March 2015

The Day I Died Part 2


Read Part One; CLICK HERE

Have you ever had that tingling feeling that you are being watched? That there is some evil lurking in the backgrounds of your shadow and that an ominous darkness was pressing, trying to take over your being and shut out the light? That was the kind of feeling I was having that day when I died for a second time. This time my sister wasn’t there to save me from its clutches so death had a field day with me. It took its time to slowly torture me like a cat playing with a mice right before it gulps it down as a snack.

I had woken up feeling refreshed and was in a particularly good mood that I couldn’t explain. I was extra nice to my room Dammy which in itself was unusual act. For some weird reason my thoughts had also strayed to my ex while I was bathing. Perhaps these signs in themselves should have warned me of the impending doom. However I was unprepared so when the dark force came knocking, I was knocked me off my feet. I had just darned my leather jacket and about to head off to class when I doubled over in pain. My back pack dropped from my hand and I grasped the bunk for support. I didn’t have to be told it was my ulcer crisis and I grimaced in pain as bolt after bolt of pain slashed through me. Quickly I lay down on the bed and somehow managed to get a hold of my drugs and as I gulped down my medicine, I couldn’t help wondering why this had to be happening now.
I hadn’t had a crisis since January so the pain was totally excruciating and for some certain reason I knew this particular one was different. The pain was more intense than any I had ever felt since the five years the ulcer had started. I had been eating healthy and on time and been faithful to my drugs so for the life of me I couldn’t fathom why this was happening. I was having an important assignment to submit but the raging rain of pain going on in my belly erased all thoughts of that. Soon I was thrashing around on the bed, clutching at my stomach helplessly and my only roommate Dammy who was around stared in bewilderment, lost as to what to do. It was a burning fire and as the pain grew worse, I peeled off my clothes in tears of agony and wished for death then to bring me peace.
The thought of death was barely out of my head when I felt it waft in through the open window. I could smell its acrid smell and the looming darkness. It was as if it had just been by the door waiting for someone to invite it in, definitely it had been that force that I had been feeling was watching me and lurking in my shadows. It came into light now and my eyes darkened in anticipation of what was to come. I had experienced this before in my previous dream so I wasn’t a stranger to it. It leaned close to me and I could smell its foul breath on my cheek, I rolled over in pain and screamed to get away from me and I felt Dammy come close to me on the bed and hold me down. He thought I was hallucinating and as his grip held me down, the tears streamed unashamedly down my face. He didn’t understand; death was using him as an agent, with Dammy’s grip preventing my escape; I thrashed wildly, forgetting the excruciating pain in my belly for a second. The evil fangs peeked from its shocking bright red lips curved in a sinister smile while it yellow, hollow eyes stared blankly at me. There was no escape, Dammy had me in death’s grip and his grip only got firmer the more I thrashed. I knew the battle was over, I had lost. I watched with resigned eyes as it closed in on me and as the darkness got thicker, I saw afar off a flickering candle and then I felt its lips against mine. Death’s lips were cold as it kissed me and I felt nauseous as Dammy held me down while his master raped my mouth and that was when I lost consciousness and drifted off into the darkness.

Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. You can also join other readers in subscribing to my BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.