Sunday 15 February 2015

Art Weekend: Clocks


I was asleep one day and it flashed before my eyes. I don't know if I was dreaming or if I was almost awake. I think it is one of those brief periods between sleep and lucidity. 


Anyway, I got up and tried as much as possible to repeat what I saw. This is a representation of how different we all are as humans and how unique each person is. I know it sounds cliché but each person's journey is different from the other individual. That's why the clocks are all tuned to different times. They overlap and enjoin each other because despite our uniqueness and differences, we all somehow complement each other. We find friends who are completely different from us or so similar and it's amazing. I call it 'Clocks' and it is a celebration of the uniqueness of humans. 


By: Oluwatobi Afolabi
A student of Creative Arts at the University of Lagos. I love drawing, reading, wattpad and dodo. Follow me on instagram @spazotrois

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.