Sunday 18 May 2014

Poem: Countdown to Tragedy


I want to lay blame
But this is my shame
There is no other way
It is I who must pay
I try to run, I don’t get far
All I can hear is my own cry
The tears change nothing
And I know I saw it coming
Tragedy beckons
Voices echo
Where I belong is the cold floor
The exit beckons, through that dark door
When I am gone, do not sorrow
We will meet on the morrow

P.S: this poem is about an intending evil that is to come and the poet persona cannot do anything to change its course but rather has come to accept fate as he patiently awaits the coming doom.

Follow on Twitter and IG @gidigenius to keep updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.