Friday 27 September 2013

Wait



Silver rays of the moon flitters through
Illuminated like the bright glow of a love true
Hesitant to believe in thy loving affections
I despised your unwavering devotion


Consistent like the housewife’s pounding pestle
With uncanny swiftness you win this love tussle
Threw me to the ground as I lost the wrestle
Then galloped a way, a won battle

My cries rent the silence of the night
At a loss on what is wrong or right
Should I let you go or beg you to stay?
I don’t want to spend another lonely day

Sitting by the window like the black widow
Patiently awaiting my hero’s return
Hidden by a cloak of dark hair, peeping out that high window
Awaiting the former subject of my scorn

Mood: Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read and leave, I would like to hear from you. Do drop your comments and thoughts on the post you just read.